It’s always an honor to just be nominated for something, let alone actually win an award.
Here are some of the awards and honors I’ve received:
- National Emmy Awards (3) for Outstanding Writing in a Children’s Series, “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” Academy of Televison Arts and Sciences, June 1994-1996. Won a National Emmy Award for all three seasons I served as Senior Writer.
- “Best Short Film” for The Maury Island Incident, International UFO Congress, 2015.
- “Audience Choice Award” for Best Short Film for The Maury Island Incident, Gig Harbor Film Festival, 2015.
- 2020 “Corporate Citizen of the Year“ from the Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce, Nov. 2020.
- General Excellence Award for The B-Town (Burien) Blog for 2019, Society of Professional Journalists, May 18, 2020.
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary Club of Des Moines & Normandy Park, April 2017.
- “Best Hyperlocal Website” (two consecutive years), Society of Professional Journalists, May 2011 & 2012.
- Nominated for a Directors Guild of America Award, January 2005, for Field Directing work on Showtime’s ‘Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t!”
- Communicator Award, June 2004, for Writing/Directing anti-smoking short.
- Environmental Media Award for “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” Environmental Media Association, June 1996
- Northwest Emmy Awards (6), Won 6 local Emmy awards for Writing/Producing on “Almost Live!” KING-TV, 1985-88